much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

10.31.2006

on the credit side i've managed to stay out of the hospitals this week. on the debit side, however, my car broke down and it needs about a grand to recover. apparantly the thermostat has refused to let the water flow and the head gasket has suicide bombed itself in opposition against the pressure. i met my thermostat yesterday, he was just a regular short guy in his sixties, a bit stiff, but he was ok, i didn't get mad at him or anything.

school is about to finish, two quarters to go. everybody's talking about resumes and job interviews. i'm thinking what's the next milestone i could pick for postponing my decisions. i mean heck i still don't know what i wanna be when i grow up. maybe i could get another masters, maybe i should go for a phd this time, afterall it will buy me a good four years or so.

there are two types of people in this world, those who take charge and those who don't. the former graduates, works, copulates, reproduces, grows and raises, the latter stays in school, forever, conveniently busy and comfortably numb.

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) seems like you feel ok,... back to normal life, school, car , money...

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger linda said...

My mom said, the best thing she did in her life was not to get married and have children during college years...
that's why I keep doing really good things for myself too...
as of this year, i have been in and out( mainly in) of school for almost 21 years... 4 more years or maybe 5 more years to go...
I mean why ruin happiness?

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better

Thats exactly the reason I'm doing my master, to buy some time for myslef to find out what I want/can do

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger shadi said...

my uncle always used to say that he wanted to become a truck driver when he grew up and change his name to "ghodrat"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home