much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

9.19.2006

We wanted to go for Tea and baklava to M's place after the lunch, but everybody else bailed out...
She offered me to go to her place for Tea anyways.They were good Baghlavas, fresh from L.A "G's" parent brought them over last week...
It was too hot for the tea but I had it anyways, and couldn't get my eyes off those Baghlavas..
and then there came that look on her face from the middle of nowhere...
" I am bored, tired, I donno there is something with me.." she exclaimed
" Maybe you are depressed, homesick, it's the exams,.." I still couldn't decide between the baghlavas.. which one I should pick ? they all looked good

And all of the sudden the explosion that I wasn't expecting came along...
He has called her the other day, after all these years, they were highschool sweethearts, he was her first love.. she had to leave, they lost contact..
but she never got over him..
it was a long story started from when she was 15 and was still going on...
I found her looking at me a bit offended, I was licking my fingers while she was telling me about their first date, and how it took 6 months for her to show interest in him or vice versa...
I waited for the tea to cool down...
She went on they wanted to reconnect, and they were going to pick a neutral country and meet up there for couple of weeks; somewhere that there is no one...
and then stopped...
now it was my turn to give advice...
All that I could say was :" I wish we had real brewed tea, not this Lipton piece of shit..."
But she wasn't giving up...
I told her it's great, I am happy for her.. she should give it a shot, just to laugh at herself when she is 50...
I told her to go...
I also wanted to tell her, all I wanted was a baklava and some half assed tea...
I wasn't supposed to pay for it,since the Baghlava's was "G's" to begin with...
but she wouldnt let go...
I had to know about his family, and how her family loved him...
The baklava that I picked tasted like shit.. but I had to finish it anyways..
the second one tasted much better, but by the time I got to it I was almost full...
I told her, relationships are like picking Baghlavas.. there is a 50% chance that they are what you want, and some more things...
Some times people tell you things without any reason, because they just want to talk.. to get it out ( Well it's more relevenat amongst us Girls)
most of the times I am the person they confide in... Maybe because I am too damn "Shekamoo..." just cant say no to anything with sugar in it...
They all know it,and use it to trap me...
by inviting me over for an afternoon tea ....
Once I even had to interlock pinkies with a friend in a sturbucks, while eating a rice crispy bar, and listening to the reasons she was taking prozac. I promised never to retell her story, honestly she didnt have to buy me a cookie. I would've forgetten it anyways..

Most people take pride in being others confidants, for me it's just about Baghlavas!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger LT said...

:))))

very funny! I loved the way you narrated the sroty.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

people confide in me and tell me their secrets because they think i'm good at keeping them but i'm just good at forgetting them.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

besides, you should learn to make your own baghlavas so you won't be lured so easily. you never know when your baking skills may save you from an awkward situation.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger shadi said...

what are blogs for, ha? tell'em to go get a blog... that should be ur standard response... after eating the baklava...

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger linda said...

well the thing with my friends is that they actually have lives... so they wont be spending this much time on internet..
blogging is for nonachievers, at least the ones that i know of...
normal people like to talk, and communicate apparantley!!!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger shadi said...

lives?! talk? communicate? all foreign to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home