much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

8.18.2006

i took out my visa and said we should hold on to the new dollar for its charm, she handed it to the indian cashier guy and ignored me. i looked at the ticket and chuckled, she asked me if its my first time. she said her grandpa started it, she said we should never lose hope, i think there is no hope, but i don't think there's anything wrong with holding on to things that don't exist.

i hold on to my past, my home, my family. she's holding on to a&a who just moved back east. and now we're both holding on to a mega million ticket - not a super lotto one, because "remember super lotto is on wednesdays and saturdays". it's my first one, and it's all good.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger linda said...

every weekday I hold on to the hope that i will go back home friday afternoon!!!
then I go home and my parents drive me crazy and by Saturday afternoon, I look forward to the weekdays and my own room away from my family...
and then comes Thursday afternoons, when I pack and am ready to go home friday after the classes end...
this thing never ends..
i mean life and stuff

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh...did WE win or not? One day...baby...One day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home