much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

4.30.2006

there was this kid in our house, she was funny, she was silly and later on she grew up to be pretty too. there was this guy, we called him dad, workoholic, and he asked us to do things around the house, now and then. never ever occurred to me not to listen to him, then there was this evening, all of us watching some silly tv show, little me and her and hin and this other woman, 'the' woman, and this guy asked the girl to take this tray back to the kitchen, and she didn't budge, instead she asked him to do it himself : "she is different", rest of us silently learned.

there was this night, it was winter, i left. three of them stayed together, people who stay together have fun, i didn't stay, i didn't have fun. then i promised myself i'll be there when the little girl leaves. i decided i won't let her be one, she'll be with me, and we'll be two.

there is this law, something about a piece of paper, keeps people away from each other. there is this thing they say we can't change, something about where you come from, there is things i don't quite get, and there is quite a few of them.

there's this day, sometime next week, this little girl, my little sis, she's leaving too. there's this world, it's way too big, and she'll go to its other corner. i realize today that i won't be there, that she'll be one, that i'll be one, just a few thousand miles away, no biggie, it's all good. it's just that i won't be there, i'll break my promise to myself, something about a big word, somethning like priorities, something about a piece of paper, i don't quite get.

there's this guy, same guy, more gray hair, we talked yesterday. he said she's leavin, he said they're back where they started, him and the woman, and nothing else. he said it's all good. there's this thing in my chest, i don't quite get, it hurts, something about happiness, something about home, i don't quite get.

there's this thing we call life, simply complicated, a good few things about it, i don't quite get.

8 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger shadi said...

:'-((((((((((((((

:'''-(

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about good as you say...all about her being happy to go too...but hard it is...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger linda said...

One of my favoriate movie quotes of all time

" - Sometimes I wished we havent left, you know just stayed there

- God knows what would have become of us had we stayed

- At least we were still togather"
Rocco and His brother

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger The Spring Breeze said...

Shahin,

Don't worry... I know exactly how you feel. That's what I've been telling myself about my sister, if she ever decideds to leave. But although you're not here, and I know it would have made all the difference in the world, I'm here and i won't let her feel lonely, as much as I can that is. You'll be here soon enough.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sh. said...

Saba, I know she's so lucky to have you over there, it's not as much about loneliness as it is about a family spread across the globe... it's all good, it's an opportunity we all seized, and here comes her turn, finally :) I already thanked you for what you're doing, but thanks again, sincerely.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Very interesting!
I like.
Bibi

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://grand-jury.org/sites/buyvalium/#36743 generic valium wikipedia - buy valium roche online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home