much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

3.15.2006

...you know how you can supposedly only hate things that remind you of yourself, well I figured if I make a list of all the things I truly hate I'd have a somewhat clear idea about who I truly am. I used to hate celery but not anymore, so I must have been a celery and apparently I'm not anymore. I used to hate my boss, but then I found out he's lost his first wife when she gave birth to their second son, naturally I couldn't hate him anymore, so there I'm not my boss either. I used to hate sitcoms, and every single romantic comedy, but then I was told its all some freakin f'ed up defensive trick my mind plays on me supposedly after my lovelife went downhill the first time, of course I couldn't hate anything for long with such a pathetic reasoning...

I so wanted to hate my ex-roommate, or this other PhD candidate guy who married an imported virgin after sleeping with 80% of the female population, or my Electrical Circuits(II) prof from undergrad, or Mayonnaise, or corn bread, or J Lo, or at least that Basiji guy who beat the crap out of me some 15 years ago for literally no reason at all, but then they all managed to come clean when I put myself in their shoes; I mean I could have probably done/reacted similarly under their circumstances, so as much as I despise them all I can't truly hate any of them... even the Mayo.

After some time my list was full of crossed-out names and things. I can't truly hate anything : I'm truly nobody.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger shadi said...

i must be a spider. yuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home