much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

2.01.2006

So i received a rejection letter from one of the few Ca school that i applied to...
the reason no it wasn't low GPA or unfulfilled prerequisites... the reason: failing to send all the required document by the deadline...
When i left iran people kept telling my best friend how they were not surprised, it was obvious.. i just didn't fit there, it was like i was from a different planet..
two weeks ago everybody in my cousin's graduation, from the cousins who cant even pronounce my name to my uncle's gay brother in law who sees me every other year.. was telling me how they can see me living far away...
"You will be happier somewhere that is not California..."
or " Oh Portland, hmm.. that's so like you.."
All i could think of was how the hell a person Is able not to fit in California!!!
there is no mold to fit into... People conform to non-conforming...
But apparently i am still from another planet, i am the type who fails to send her documents in time to a CALIFORNIA schools with all the competition that there is to get in them...
And yeah, i have found a commune in the middle of nowhere in Portland.. and for 600$/month a furnished studio, utilities included, free laundry, optional community meals, and community Yoga by the beach, and another college degree.. yeah, i am ready to leave Ca and all the overachievers behind me..

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger linda said...

i know being even rejected from Oregan by hippies!!!! yeah those things happen to me...

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sh. said...

Speakin of hippies, go for their county fair, it's awesome. Is this in Portland or Corvallis btw? Both are lovely, esp if you enjoy nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home