much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

2.17.2006

Ok so I'm officially offended. Down with Google, Hail to conservatism.

After all this time that I stayed a true and loyal fan, after all the good words I put in for them whenever someone bragged about their silly privacy rights, after I defended them for their stand in China, after I convinced my boss that Google earth is the future of mapping technologies, after I checked their stock everyday even when they missed the analyst expectations and took a plunge, after I installed their desktop 3 beta despite the criticism, after all these years, this is what their stupid, know-it-all, arrogant, rude and impolite Adsene (R)(TM) technology has put on top of my emails today - supposedly based on the content of my emails...



This is plain pathetic. I mean hey so my love life is messed up, who died and made Google the ultimate relationships counsellor to advise me so shamelessly?! What's next? Google telling me to stop living in denial and go back home and have a happy life?! Come on now...

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger linda said...

reminds me of couple of years back.. I was living all by myself.. lonley, no family, no friends, stuck in cubical..
and it was couple of days before valentine day where i read my horoscope and it said: you will recieve a surprise this valentine from someone special living far away!!!
Low and behold the valentine day i checked my emails in the lonely cube and there it was my surprise!!one of my high school buddies who lived in germany and i havent heard from in a long time( we were childhood friends) sent me a e-card of two monkeys holding hand and wishing that i have an actual valentine the next year!!!
so that was my horoscope!!
and yes Google sucks!!!or say the YAHOO! people...

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that's weird. I've heard a lot of ranting about the kind of ads Google handpicks for gmail users (based on the content of their emails?) but whenever I check my gmail, all I see in that little bar is news headlines. if this is because Google thinks all I care about is news around the world, well I'm offended too. I wanna learn the strategies too. Especially since they work "if he/she is unwilling"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home