much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

1.23.2006

Simple math sucks.

Through my most complicated and painful agenda during December I saved for my vacation. I made myself lunch every single day, I didn't join the guys for the ski trip, I didn't go to movies every single night, I didn't check slickdeals.net to make sure I don't spend another few hundred on another cool gadget, I cut my own hair with the Target clipper I'd never used before, I only had drinks at home or at friends' places, I didn't use the toll road even when I was late, I missed Si Se and a couple of other gigs in LA, I didn't buy that book that sounded so cool, I didn't...

Total amount of savings before Dec 23rd : ~$1000

Then I went for the christmass trip to Vegas, then the new year's ski trip, then I bought a few gifts, then I paid my bills.

Total expenditure between Dec 23rd and Jan 23rd: ~$2000

Cash balance today : ~$0
Debt balance today : All of my debt before Dec '05 + ~$1000

I just realized I hate simple math with my guts. It's the most evil science of all.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger linda said...

in my case it's even worse.. since i dont have a job, there is no point in saving the money that i dont have, and doing the math ....

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sh. said...

If i can spend the money I don't have, I'm sure you can also save the money you don't earn.

Still, I'm all for not saving and not having to do the math later, it's just too disturbing and it certainly does not make me change the way I burn my money anways...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home