much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

1.09.2006


I'm all out of love, period. Well maybe not entirely, I still do love the morning mist, and winter in SoCal brings me some. On days when it's really thick I take the long route, which requires me to miss the left turn on Glenwood and take Argonaut instead. If it's some quality fog I get to drive in it while going downhill, and I get blind sighted for a fraction of a second. In that fraction of the second I imagine I'm driving down a windy road in the Alps, preferably between France and Switzerland, I'm looking forward to meeting my fiance in our cozy hut above the canyon and spending the evening next to her in front of our fireplace, have some Gluwein and a pot of fondue and listen to some Bocelli on my Bang and Olufson super sleek wall-mounted audio system.( I've got this CD from him and I've never listened to it, I keep thinking I should save it for the proper occasion )...

It's always right after the 2nd glass of wine that I realize I'm sitting in my cubicle and staring at Windows(R)(TM) login screen, with the evil cursor blinking the hell out me, and the next thing I know my fingers are dancing on the keyboard, clicking and ticking my life away into zeros and ones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home