much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

1.06.2006


I couldn't tell if we arrived before or after bread and butter did. Then arrived a full bottle of Acacia pinot, I asked her if she's been to Carneros (I think I'm cool because I've been there), she hesitates, then replies that's where she got married. The empty bottle left our table some time later.

The vinaigrette walnut salad arrived way too sweet, and three quarters of it left in the table in ten minutes or so.

Then arrived the two orders of sea bass, half of each left the table, I wondered if they'll put them together and make one more serving out of them. Although they had to add the asparagus, not too many of them survived.

Later on the bill arrived and left with my signature on it. I like signing, makes me feel like I'm important. Plastic rocks.

I couldn't tell if we left before or after the restaurant closed. Bread and butter never left. They stayed there, untouched, unattended.

I achieved "nothing" and neither did she, and we couldn't be more satisfied with it. "Nothing" is most fulfilling, satisfying and enjoyable with the right company. "Nothing" is great. It really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home