much ado about nothing

a blog about non-achievement

1.02.2006



For New Year we went to my sister's Ex-Bf Party, another Ex of her was there too.. She was somewhere better herself!!!
My brother came too, cause the host was the cousin of his company's CFO...
I was recording a movie for my sister and asking everybody to send her their New Year's Message ... The host ran away to the next room, pretending he was fixing cocktails for the guests
The other Ex who was holding his Gf started shouting, " No movies, only pics.. Ok Only Pics. It's hard to send movies ..."
My brother was busy trying to convince the host to personally introduce him to his cousin..
I sat there drinking my cocktail trying to be ridiculous, in order to make people laugh and feel comfortable...
We watched "curb your Enthusiasm," marathon
I sat there staring at people, without being close friends to anyone...
K, kept refreshing our drinks.. He reminded me of my father, when he throws a party
N tried to sing/annoy everybody with his guitar, A and F jumped in singing with him...
N stared at "K and N" with resentment... He used to date "N," I just sat down got drunk and watched them all...
Things haven't changed much since my childhood...
There is still a couple fighting in front of everybody, there is still a guy who refreshes your drink and has no control over drinking. There is still a guy who likes to sing, another guy who thinks he knows too much.. A girl with lots of Mascara, a broken hearted young guy..
My brother still uses every single opportunity to achieve things in life and get ahead of the game...
And me still cleaning up after my sisters, forgetting that I actually have a life too...
Another year has come by and things haven't changed much...

P.S: It's raining cats on dog in our Neck of the wood, we didn't have Power for 24 hours.. It was amazing, we had BBQ chicken and made Tea in the fireplace...
Me and mom and dad sat by the fireplace.. They argued about things... I told them if there was a god, he would've made " happily married couples," a bit happier
and my parents told me there are some very happy couples " in the stories ,"who don't argue at all...
We had no electricity.. But we had tea Hafiz, Rumi, and my mom's theories and I got to make fire...
I want the rest of the year to be like this...
Nothing happens, with nothing to worry about...

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger linda said...

oh god.. I have already gone against my New Year's resolution!!!
Tsk, Tsk...

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Sh. said...

Funny how you depicted the never-changing crowd... in my case although the positions are always the same (and very similar to those you described) the people holding them rotate among themselves, the once-heartbroken guy makes cocktails next time and the cocktail guy gropes his girl around her waistline, until the tables turn again...

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Shirin said...

I’m an ‘a bit happier, happily married’ but I’m not sure how that is going to prove the existence of god.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home